Former Guns N’ Roses Producer on Chinese Democracy Talks GNR, Nine Inch Nails & More!
Former Guns N’ Roses producer from 1998 to 2000 Sean Beavan sat down with Guns N’ Roses Central to talk extensively about his work with Axl Rose and Chinese Democracy. In addition to that he talked about his time with Nine Inch Nails, Marilyn Manson and working on film and TV projects. He also talked briefly about his side band 8mm with his wife. Check out the interview below!
Slash’s Bassist Talks About the Next Possible Slash Record
Slash’s bass player Todd ‘Dammit’ Kerns gave an interview recently where he talked about whether we’d see another album from Slash Featuring Myles Kennedy and the Conspirators.
“Nothing’s really sort of nailed down. It’s just kind of constantly cats in the cradle we’ll get together then. At some point we definitely intend to kind of reboot. Everyone has a lot on their plate. There will be a time where there’s the right time to do it. I’m being straight up honest, there’s never been a conversation about, ‘There’s just no way we’re going to be able to do this before.’ I 100% believe that this will reconvene at some point.”
“If I felt like we were just kind of treading water and weren’t really doing good work, and I just thought it was just something we did to kill time. ‘Eh, then we do these records and we’re on the road want off.’ No, you’d be surprised to know how seriously and how precious we were about the music we were making and about the band we’d built and developed. That includes Frank and the entire lineup. It means a lot to us, I mean for all of us speaking for the guys.”
“I really believe that we’re making good music, and doing good work. At the end of the day if you’re a die hard Guns N’ Roses fan or a die hard Alter Bridge fan, what we do is something somewhere in the middle of both of those bands. We do something that is its own thing.”
In another interview he gave to Talking Metal Podcast where he discussed his career, a new possible album with the Conspirators, seeing Guns N’ Roses on the Not In This Lifetime tour and playing with Dizzy Reed! I’ve summarized the interview as it related to Guns N’ Roses below!
- Todd said he is in constant contact with Slash and the other guys from the Conspirators. Todd feels that the band will reconvene when the time is right. He didn’t go any further into when we could expect a new album.
- Todd said to see Guns N’ Roses reform from such a close vantage point being in Slash’s world is awesome.
- Todd said he never saw Guns N’ Roses live before the Not In This Lifetime Tour since he always had gigs the same nights Guns N’ Roses were playing.
- Todd said Slash wisely chose to go back to Guns N’ Roses and do it for the fans. He called Guns N’ Roses one of the last great reunions that’s going to happen. He thought the door might be open for Steven Adler and Izzy Stradlin to rejoin. He is not privy to any inside info he said.
- Todd has seen Guns N’ Roses on the Not In This Lifetime Tour 4 or 5 times.
- Todd said he’s known Dizzy Reed for years and played with him long before he joined the Conspirators. He said he’s sure he’ll be doing more stuff with Dizzy Reed’s band Hookers & Blow.
- Todd talked about playing with comedian Bill Murray for a benefit show where Slash was a guest as well as Sammy Hagar, Kip Winger, Alice Cooper, Matt Sorum and Billy Duffy. Bill Murray showed up and basically hosted the whole night. He said Bill Murray was a really cool guy and Todd said he’s a massive fan.