Guns N’ Roses Memorabilia Being Auctioned Off
Thanks to Kevin for this! Several pieces of Guns N’ Roses memorabilia is being sold for Julien’s Auction currently. The auction ends tomorrow. You can check it out here. Items up for auction include:
- Matt Sorum’s Zildjian 40″ gong used by the drummer he Guns N’ Roses Use Your Illusion Tour (1991-1993). Together with stand and a mallet adorned with hand drawn skulls and inscribed “ROK DOK” in black marker. Accompanied by a letter from Sorum. Diameter, 40 inches; Stand, 58 by 48 by 25 inches. Currently there are 3 bids with the leading bid being $3,000 US. The expected selling price is between $2,000-$3,000
- Also for sale is the 1988 MTV Moonman awarded that was presented to Guns N’ Roses managers at the time.
Guns N’ Roses Manager Fernando Lebeis Stops by the GNR Forums!
Guns N’ Roses Manager Fernando has stopped by the MYGNRFORUM’s today to answer some fan questions. Here’s some of his responses to some of the questions. You can follow the thread here:
- Fernando addressed his tweet yesterday expressing his displeasure over the Guns N’ Roses forums. He said “I don’t have to raise any concerns with Live Nation or any colleagues because we have an understanding of being productive and constructive. Do you fail to see any truth behind what I said? How I speak with Axl or the rest of the guys is obviously different than me typing on a social media outlet.I do apologize for the number of fans within all communities that failed to understand my tweet and automatically assumed being personally attacked.”
- Guns N’ Roses most likely won’t release the Troubadour Show from April 1, 2016. It was meant to be just about the experience and music, hence the cell phone ban at the show.
- He made it clear that as the Manager he doesn’t have the final say regarding creative decisions. It’s up to the band.
- Guns N’ Roses plan to tour for the years to come.
- There will be more Guns N’ Roses tour dates announced this year, but they won’t be for Europe. My money is on Asia, Australia, Japan and New Zealand.
- Guns N’ Roses will be limiting the number of lithographs that can be purchased by people so scalpers don’t re-sell them at inflated prices. Guns N’ Roses management wasn’t aware of the problem until the Madison Square Garden shows late last year.
- Regarding new music, he said the band is very supportive of each other and that “something” maybe coming in the near future. Later on he said that “Yes, I am sure there will be.” referring to whether new music is on the horizon.
- A fan asked ”
You’d think Axl would want Slash to be stockpiling his best riffs/ideas for the next GNR album, wouldn’t you?
The entire band is very supportive of one another.“
- Regarding the possibility of a Use Your Illusion box set coming out, he did say that the band hasn’t discussed anything about that ,but he did go on to say that “The guys feel really happy with how the box was put together and everything that is included within it, will that open other opportunities for the guys to release more stuff? I don’t know, but it’s always a possibility.” (referring to the AFD Reissue)
- Regarding Izzy Stradlin he said “I am not going to comment on my friend Izzy, I love and adore him. So I would just ignore questions pertaining to him, ok?”
- Fernando is super excited about Guns N’ Roses upcoming clothing lines. He said “our new tour line is pretty sick. Sorry I get super psyched about our clothing lines, fun fact; did you know I overlook the entire design team and the direction on anything and everything we do?”