Slash Stops By Q1043 In New York to Talk New Album
Guns N’ Roses Guitarist Slash was recently interviewed by Q1043 in New York City. I’ve summarized what he had to say below and included the full video interview as well. Slash recently described possibly working on Axl Rose’s material for a new possible Guns N’ Roses album.
- Slash talked about how he should probably be vegan since he’s an animal rights activist. Slash said it’s hard to stop eating meat.
- Slash said the title of the album ‘Living the Dream’ is a tongue and cheek kind of thing having to do with local and global politics.
- Slash said pre-production on ‘Living the Dream’ at the end of the World on Fire tour. Slash said everything stalled because of Guns N’ Roses tour. Things picked up again in January of 2018.
- Don’t expect too many Guns N’ Roses songs on Slash’s upcoming tour with Myles Kennedy and the Conspirators.
- Slash said the chemistry with Myles Kennedy and the Conspirators
- ‘Driving Rain’ is apparently the highest charting single that Slash has ever done.
- One million plus people have already heard driving rain on YouTube.
- ‘Mind Your Manners’ was written in January 2018 after Guns N’ Roses concluded their 2017 tour.
- Slash revealed that he’s working on 4 different films right now as a producer. Slash has signed 2 deals right now. He didn’t want to go into specifics.
- Slash said the scariest movie when he was a kid was the original ‘Night of the Living Dead’. He saw it in a drive in and it was really disturbing. Slash said he was into horror movies before that because he was in England. When he moved to the States with his family he got into the Oman, the Exorcist.
- Slash said Guns N’ Roses will conclude ‘Not in This Lifetime Tour’ in November of this year. After that he’ll go out with Myles Kennedy and the Conspirators and then go back to Guns N’ Roses to see what’s going on with the next cycle.
- Slash said that ‘Shadow of Your Love’ was one of the first songs Guns N’ Roses played when they got together. Slash said it got phased out for a while. ‘Shadow of Your Love’ was a song they first recorded with Mike Clink. Slash said it’s a lot of fun to play live especially since they haven’t played it live in 30 years.
- Slash talked about going to see Axl Rose perform with AC/DC. Slash said that Axl had a way of fronting two bands that wasn’t taxing on his voice. Slash said he was blown away by Axl fronting AC/DC. Slash said it was seamless watching Axl going from AC/DC to Guns N’ Roses.
- Slash said the first time he got into a rehearsal room with Duff, Frank, Richard and Dizzy and Axl and it was great.
- Slash said no Guns N’ Roses music has been recorded since they’ve been on the road.
- Slash talked a bit about recording a song with Linkin Park’s Chester Bennington. They recorded a song together during Slash’s 2010 solo album. Chester wrote a lyric called ‘The Devil’ it was very self directed. It didn’t work out to release it because of record company red tape. Slash said he forgot about it. Just recently Slash heard the song again and sent it to Chester’s family. Slash said the lyrics were very open about the frame of mind Chester was in. Slash re-wrote the song a bit and Lemmy ended up singing on the song.
- Slash was asked about Aretha Franklin. Slash said he attended the same party as her, but never had a chance to meet her.