Slash Drops By Eddie Trunk’s Show on Sirius XM!
Slash dropped by lame radio host Eddie Trunk’s show for a few minutes this past week on Sirius XM. If you guys remember, Slash did Eddie Trunk’s Show at the Rainbow a few weeks ago. Here’s a summary of what Slash had to say to Eddie Trunk this week:
- Slash talked about horror travel stories. Slash said it’s funny how airplane pilots love to talk about how they’ve saved passengers time even though
- Slash said he only flies private with Guns N’ Roses. Slash said it’s really expensive and a waste of money…all things considered.
- Slash talked about talking to Eddie Trunk at the Rainbow. Slash said Eddie Trunk’s show was the first radio interview he’s done since Guns N’ Roses tour ended.
- Slash talked about his recent Rolling Stone interview where the interviewer was drilling Slash about stuff he didn’t want to talk about. Slash said he didn’t read the interview. Slash said he didn’t want to talk about his divorce, Guns N’ Roses and he didn’t get along well with the writer.
- Slash said not doing press when he was in Guns N’ Roses wasn’t really talked about. He said there really wasn’t a need to do press. Slash said it was nice.
- Slash talked about the song ‘Mind Your Manners’ and said he got a lot of positive response from it. Slash said he hadn’t really seen the Conspirators guys for almost a year and a half apart from a few Guns N’ Roses show. Slash said he came up with the riff idea ahead of the Conspirators first rehearsal since Guns N’ Roses finished their tour dates in 2017.
- Slash said touring rhythm guitarist Frank Sidoris plays on the record and his input was great. Frank never played on the past two Conspirators record.
Slash to Appear With Myles Kennedy and Conspirators On Jimmy Kimmel on September 12th, 2018!
Slash recently spoke to Steve Jones on his radio show on 95KLOS called ‘Jonesy’s Jukebox’. Slash discussed his upcoming record ‘Living the Dream’ and Guns N’ Roses. In the interview Slash revealed that his band with Myles Kennedy and the Conspirators would be playing Jimmy Kimmel’s show on September 12, 2018! Check out the interview below!
- Slash said Snakepit has been defunct for a long time. He talked about the different incarnations of the band.
- Slash said he loves playing and wants to jam all the time.
- Slash said he would jam with anyone in the 90’s who would have him.
- Slash said he hates the term “practicing” because it doesn’t sound rock n’ roll.
- Steve Jones said he watched a Van Halen documentary on TV last night. Slash said he’s a huge fan of Eddie Van Halen as a person and player. He loved Van Halen when it first came out. He thought Eddie’s style was something that Eddie did and no one else could do it like him. Slash said he didn’t go down that road when he picked up the guitar. Slash said he’s influenced by Eddie because he’s a great and fluid player.
- Slash said when he first heard Van Halen at 13 he felt like it signalled the end of rock as they knew it.
- Slash said he thinks everyone’s biggest influence is Eric Clapton. Slash said his guitar teacher was playing a Cream song and that’s what attracted Slash to playing lead guitar.
- Slash said he saw Eric Clapton play a the Forum in LA recently. He said he’s not a super exciting guitar player, but he’s an “adult” player. Slash rattled off his other influences include Mick Taylor, Keith Richard, Jeff Beck, guys from Aerosmith he put together as one.
- Steve Jones played Slash’s new song ‘Mind Your Manners’.
- Slash revealed him and Myles will be playing Jimmy Kimmel on September 12th
- Slash said last few months he’s been a guitar buying nut. Slash said he got a Sunburst Les Paul 59 guitar recently. Slash said the guitar is worth so much because only 3000 made or so and it’s picked up a certain “cache” and it’s the holy grail of electric guitar. Slash said hes bought some cool strats and telecaster. He said he loves good sounding guitars. Gibson probably wouldn’t want him to say, but the Strat is one of the most versatile guitars out there.
- Steve Jones said he’s been getting flying V guitars and strats lately.
- Slash said he just designed firebird guitar with Gibson. He said it has humbuckers in it.
- Slash said he recorded most of the album at his own studio in a house he doesn’t live in. They couldn’t record the drums there because the room isn’t big enough.
- Slash said the producer was the same guy who did last two Conspirators record.
- Slash said no one calls him by his real name ‘Saul’. The last person to call him that was his grandmother. Slash talked about how he got his nickname ‘Slash’.
- Steve Jones talked about horror movies with Slash. Slash said he does pop up theatre things where they watch old horror movies like The Omen or promote other people’s movies like Death Wish..
- Slash said he has four movies in development right now as producer.
- Slash said after Conspirators Tour next year he might work with Guns on a possible new record.
- Slash said whenever they were rehearsing with Guns N’ Roses they would listen to Steve Jones show everyday.
- Slash said he doesn’t like expensive jewellry he gets a lot of stuff for free. He said for a long time people would give him whisky and cigarettes, now it’s t-shirts and jewellry. Slash said he gave up smoking for 9 years.
- Slash said in 2002-2003 his first son was born and he was smoking 3 packs a day. Matt Sorum suggested a hypnotist to quite smoking. Slash said he met this hypnotist and he did two sessions. Slash said he quit smoking for 10 months and then a friend came over with a bottle of wine and french cigarettes and he started again.
- Slash revealed that his son’s band Classless Act will be opening for him at the Palladium in Hollywood.