We Believe Guns N’ Roses Will Be Announced For Austin City Limits Festival Next Week!
The posters on the Austin City Limits subreddit (I didn’t realize the festival warranted it’s own subreddit) are speculating that Guns N’ Roses could be the legacy act that will play this year’s Austin City Limits. The lineup announcement won’t come out until next Tuesday there are four good reasons why Guns will play the festival. These reasons were brought up by a poster on the MYGNRFORUM’s. They are all good points and I tend to agree. They are as follows:
story continued below…
- The Festival occurs from Oct. 4-6 and Oct. 11-13 similar to Coachella and coincides with what Slash previously said about doing a September-October tour this year.
- Guns N’ Roses never played Austin on the Not in This Lifetime Tour. The last time Axl, Slash and Duff played Austin, Texas was in February of 1993, opening show of the Skin N’ Bones Tour
- C3, the company who books the festival acts is the same booking agency used for the Exit 111 Festival, which Guns N’ Roses is headlining this October.
- The second weekend of Austin City Limits overlaps with the first weekend of the Exit 111 Festival making it logical that Guns N’ Roses would play the first weekends of each festival.
- Metallica played Austin City Limits last year, so it would make sense they are chasing rock acts with similar stature.
- There are no other major rock festivals going on in October other than Exit 111 and Aftershock Festival, both of which occur on the same weekend.
So there it is folks. Austin City Limits has already been teasing some of the acts but no one has solved the clues yet on the subreddit. I can say with 99% certainty Guns N’ Roses will headline the Festival. Let me know your thoughts in the comments section as to whether you agree or really agree with me.