The Guns N’ Roses Central Podcast Is Back!
We are back with a new episode of the Guns N’ Roses Central Podcast talking about last night’s gig, Axl Rose’s new hairdo and the recent leaks. Check it out below!
Guns N’ Roses Instagram Shares Epic Photo of Axl Rose’s New Hairstyle
Last night Guns N’ Roses played their first show of 2019 at the Hollywood Palladium and frontman Axl Rose showed off his new hairstyle. The Guns N’ Roses Instagram page showed off a good shot of his hair below!
story continued below…
Slash Warms Up Backstage Playing a Bit of “Locomotive”
Guns N’ Roses guitarist Slash played a little bit of “Locomotive” backstage before the band’s first gig of 2019 last night at the Hollywood Palladium. The song showed up on the band’s alternate setlist but was not played live last night. Apparently the last time the song was played live was in Japan in early 1992. Check it out below!
story continued below..
Guns N’ Roses to Play First Show in Almost a Year At the Hollywood Palladium
Tonight marks Guns N’ Roses first show of 2019. Their last show was last December in Hawaii and there are several things fans should be on the lookout for tonight. Let’s see what we can expect.
story continued below…
- Axl Rose’s Voice Won’t Be In Top Shape – If recent history is any indication then you’d know the first show of every Guns N’ Roses tour is awful when it comes to Axl’s voice. Just look at Rock in Rio 2017 and Berlin 2018. It’s obvious Axl doesn’t take as good care of his voice or his body as other singers out there and countless YouTube videos prove he sounds like Mickey Mouse on a lot of the group’s songs that are in the higher range. Lower range songs like Mr. Brownstone and It’s So Easy he sounds pretty good on even on his off nights. If only he would sing more songs in his lower register.
- Don’t Expect Any New Music – Rumors have been rampant this year of Guns N’ Roses writing and recording new music. While Slash claimed in the band’s most recent interview that they are writing new music, I doubt they’ll premiere anything. Bassist Duff McKagan just got off tour so I doubt they’ve been able to be in the room for a long time with all the members to write new mateiral.
- Expect a Shorter Setlist – if history is any indication the first show to kick off each Guns N’ Roses tour normally see’s a shorter setlist. As the tour wears on the group will probably add more songs.
- Guns N’ Roses May Play Some Deeper Cuts – Remember just before Guns N’ Roses reunited Slash and the Conspirators started playing “Double Talkin Jive” and “You Could Be Mine” as part of their live shows from the “Use Your Illusion” records. It was funny that “Double Talkin Jive” finally made it’s way back into Guns N’ Roses setlist after 23 years once the “Not in This Lifetime Tour” kicked off. If you guys have been following Duff McKagan’s recent tour to promote his solo record “Tenderness” then you’d know he was playing some deeper cuts from Guns N’ Roses catalog including “Dead Horse”, “You Ain’t the First” and “Dust N’ Bones.” Here’s hoping they bust out some deeper cuts and finally change the setlist.
- Don’t Expect Concert Footage on YouTube – If you guys have been following the whole copyright saga for the past year and a half then you’d know large swaths of live footage has been slowly removed from the platform. Expect the same tomorrow morning when you try to watch footage from the show. The band’s management obviously is doing nothing to curb this or is complicit with what is going on with YouTube.