Slash Speaks About Lemmy and Why He Was Intimidating
According to UDiscoverMusic
Slash has spoken candidly of his friendship with late Motörhead frontman, Lemmy, in a new interview for Outlaw magazine. “Meeting him for the first time, it was a little bit intimidating,” the legendary guitarist revealed.
story continued below…
“It was the first time Guns N’ Roses came to the UK (in 1987), and somebody asked us, ‘Would you guys like to meet Motörhead, they’re doing a record?’ So it was like, ‘Oh yeah!’ I mean, we just go off a plane. And listened to those records as a kid, and I’d seen Motörhead twice before I ever came here, so yeah, it was intimidating. But we went down there and they were cool – and Lemmy and I were friends ever since,” he continued.
New Guns N’ Roses Instrumental “Me and My Elvis/Soul Monster” Leaks Online
Guns N’ Roses instrumental track “Me and My Elvis/Soul Monster” has leaked online and fan reaction is mixed. Check out the reaction here.
Guns N’ Roses Song “Quick Song” Leaks Ahead of the Band’s Show Tonight At the Hollywood Palladium
According to the MyGNRForum it appears we have a new Guns N’ Roses song leak. Titled “Quick Song” the instrumental track made it’s way online. This title has been thrown around the internet for years but it appears to mark the first time fans have heard the song. You can read the reaction to it here.
Guns N’ Roses are playing the Hollywood Palladium tonight on September 21, 2019. It marks their first show of 2019.
Guns N’ Roses to Play First Show in Almost a Year At the Hollywood Palladium
Tonight marks Guns N’ Roses first show of 2019. Their last show was last December in Hawaii and there are several things fans should be on the lookout for tonight. Let’s see what we can expect.
story continued below…
- Axl Rose’s Voice Won’t Be In Top Shape – If recent history is any indication then you’d know the first show of every Guns N’ Roses tour is awful when it comes to Axl’s voice. Just look at Rock in Rio 2017 and Berlin 2018. It’s obvious Axl doesn’t take as good care of his voice or his body as other singers out there and countless YouTube videos prove he sounds like Mickey Mouse on a lot of the group’s songs that are in the higher range. Lower range songs like Mr. Brownstone and It’s So Easy he sounds pretty good on even on his off nights. If only he would sing more songs in his lower register.
- Don’t Expect Any New Music – Rumors have been rampant this year of Guns N’ Roses writing and recording new music. While Slash claimed in the band’s most recent interview that they are writing new music, I doubt they’ll premiere anything. Bassist Duff McKagan just got off tour so I doubt they’ve been able to be in the room for a long time with all the members to write new mateiral.
- Expect a Shorter Setlist – if history is any indication the first show to kick off each Guns N’ Roses tour normally see’s a shorter setlist. As the tour wears on the group will probably add more songs.
- Guns N’ Roses May Play Some Deeper Cuts – Remember just before Guns N’ Roses reunited Slash and the Conspirators started playing “Double Talkin Jive” and “You Could Be Mine” as part of their live shows from the “Use Your Illusion” records. It was funny that “Double Talkin Jive” finally made it’s way back into Guns N’ Roses setlist after 23 years once the “Not in This Lifetime Tour” kicked off. If you guys have been following Duff McKagan’s recent tour to promote his solo record “Tenderness” then you’d know he was playing some deeper cuts from Guns N’ Roses catalog including “Dead Horse”, “You Ain’t the First” and “Dust N’ Bones.” Here’s hoping they bust out some deeper cuts and finally change the setlist.
- Don’t Expect Concert Footage on YouTube – If you guys have been following the whole copyright saga for the past year and a half then you’d know large swaths of live footage has been slowly removed from the platform. Expect the same tomorrow morning when you try to watch footage from the show. The band’s management obviously is doing nothing to curb this or is complicit with what is going on with YouTube.