Guns N’ Roses Kick Off Tour With First Official Show in Charlotte
Today marked the second show Guns N’ Roses played this year, with their first show being a warm up in LA on the weekend. Fans on the forum were overwhelmingly positive with Axl’s vocal performance despite the frontman appearing ill in some parts of the show. There was one rant, more of a joke than anything that Axl Rose gave at the end of Madagascar. Axl Rose claimed that he was having trouble hearing the bass and drums in his in ear monitor so he was singing off key and out of time on Madagsascar. Rose then joked when his crew turned up his EQ, keyboardist Melissa Reese sounded like a chipmunk and he had to stop himself from laughing during the song.
story continued below…
The setlist was a bit longer this issue (see below) and the band made it to stage on time. Shooter Jennings band opened the show. Check out the setlist and footage below!
Guns N’ Roses Charlotte September 25, 2019 Setlist
It’s So Easy
Welcome To The Jungle
Double Talkin’ Jive
Live And Let Die
You Could Be Mine
Shadow Of Your Love
You Can’t Put Your Arms Around A Memory/Attitude
Blues Jam/Sweet Child O’ Mine
Wish You Were Here
Knockin’ On Heavens Door
Guns N’ Roses Charlotte Concert Videos September 25, 2019
Real Housewife Wearing Metallica Shirt Can’t Name a Single Metallica Song
We’ve all seen the trend of people wearing metal or rock shirts of band they’ve never heard of. Well on Andy Cohen’s show “Watch What’s Happening Live” had one of the real housewives on who was wearing a Metallica shirt and a caller called in and asked her to name three Metallica songs. Well….she couldn’t name a single track. Check it out below!
Don’t Expect to Find Leaks On Guns N’ Roses Subreddit Anymore!
For a while it seemed like the Guns N’ Roses subreddit was the go to place for leaks of recent Guns N’ Roses songs, but it seems that has now changed. Check out the new sticky thread below on the forum. Tonight Guns N’ Roses is playing Charlotte to kick off their North America tour as last weekend’s show was a warm up gig.
Guns N’ Roses to Play First Show in Almost a Year At the Hollywood Palladium
Tonight marks Guns N’ Roses first show of 2019. Their last show was last December in Hawaii and there are several things fans should be on the lookout for tonight. Let’s see what we can expect.
story continued below…
- Axl Rose’s Voice Won’t Be In Top Shape – If recent history is any indication then you’d know the first show of every Guns N’ Roses tour is awful when it comes to Axl’s voice. Just look at Rock in Rio 2017 and Berlin 2018. It’s obvious Axl doesn’t take as good care of his voice or his body as other singers out there and countless YouTube videos prove he sounds like Mickey Mouse on a lot of the group’s songs that are in the higher range. Lower range songs like Mr. Brownstone and It’s So Easy he sounds pretty good on even on his off nights. If only he would sing more songs in his lower register.
- Don’t Expect Any New Music – Rumors have been rampant this year of Guns N’ Roses writing and recording new music. While Slash claimed in the band’s most recent interview that they are writing new music, I doubt they’ll premiere anything. Bassist Duff McKagan just got off tour so I doubt they’ve been able to be in the room for a long time with all the members to write new mateiral.
- Expect a Shorter Setlist – if history is any indication the first show to kick off each Guns N’ Roses tour normally see’s a shorter setlist. As the tour wears on the group will probably add more songs.
- Guns N’ Roses May Play Some Deeper Cuts – Remember just before Guns N’ Roses reunited Slash and the Conspirators started playing “Double Talkin Jive” and “You Could Be Mine” as part of their live shows from the “Use Your Illusion” records. It was funny that “Double Talkin Jive” finally made it’s way back into Guns N’ Roses setlist after 23 years once the “Not in This Lifetime Tour” kicked off. If you guys have been following Duff McKagan’s recent tour to promote his solo record “Tenderness” then you’d know he was playing some deeper cuts from Guns N’ Roses catalog including “Dead Horse”, “You Ain’t the First” and “Dust N’ Bones.” Here’s hoping they bust out some deeper cuts and finally change the setlist.
- Don’t Expect Concert Footage on YouTube – If you guys have been following the whole copyright saga for the past year and a half then you’d know large swaths of live footage has been slowly removed from the platform. Expect the same tomorrow morning when you try to watch footage from the show. The band’s management obviously is doing nothing to curb this or is complicit with what is going on with YouTube.